Near Lewisburg in Union County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Buﬀalo Presbyterian Church
First building erected 1775
Second building erected 1816
Present building erected 1846
1787-1801 - Rev. Hugh Morrison
1801-1805 - Supplies
1805-1835 - Rev Chas. Hood
1835-1884 - Rev. Isaac Grier D.D.
1885-1890 - Rev Wm.K. Foster
1891-1899 - Rev. E.A. Snook
1900-1919 - Rev. M.H. Calkins D.D.
Church dissolved Jan. 27, 1919
Tablet erected Aug. 30, 1923
Location. 40° 57.774′ N, 76° 58.048′ W. Marker is near Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, in Union County. Marker is on Meetinghouse Lane. Touch for map. Marker is mounted on front of building to the right of the door. Marker is in this post office area: Lewisburg PA 17837, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Buffalo Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Buffalo Church (approx. 1.2 miles away); Samuel Maclay (approx. 1.3 miles away); Col. John Kelly (approx. 2 miles away); Daniel F. Green (approx. 4 miles away); Bucknell University (approx. 4.2 miles away); Eli Slifer (approx. 4.3 miles away); Catholic Chapel (approx. 4.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewisburg.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 16, 2015, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 189 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 16, 2015, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.