Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Wyndmoor in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Philo T. Farnsworth

(1906-1971)

 
 
Philo T. Farnsworth Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, June 28, 2015
1. Philo T. Farnsworth Marker
Inscription. Inventor of electronic television, he led some of the first experiments in live local TV broad-casting in the late 1930s from his station W3XPF located on this site. A pioneer in electronics, Farnsworth held many patents and was inducted into the Inventors Hall of Fame.
 
Erected 2006 by Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission.
 
Location. 40° 5′ N, 75° 10.916′ W. Marker is in Wyndmoor, Pennsylvania, in Montgomery County. Marker is on E. Mermaid Lane. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1260 E Mermaid Lane, Glenside PA 19038, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mower General Hospital (approx. 1.1 miles away); Chestnut Hill and Mount Airy World War II Memorial (approx. 1.2 miles away); Buckley Park (approx. 1.3 miles away); Chestnut Hill and Mount Airy World War Memorial (approx. 1.3 miles away); William Allen (approx. 1.6 miles away); Cyrus H. K. Curtis (approx. 1.8 miles away); Wissahickon Inn (approx. 2 miles away); Germantown Meetinghouse (approx. 2.3 miles away).
 
Also see . . .  Philo T. Farnsworth - Wikipedia. (Submitted on July 2, 2015, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
 
Categories. Industry & Commerce
 
Philo T. Farnsworth Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, June 28, 2015
2. Philo T. Farnsworth Marker
Philo T. Farnsworth image. Click for full size.
By Allen C. Browne, May 21, 2016
3. Philo T. Farnsworth
This Statue of Philo Farnsworth by James R. Avati shows Farnsworth holding holding the electronic camera tube that he invented in the 1920s. The Statue was given to the U.S. Capitol by the State of Utah in 1990.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 22, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 2, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 217 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 2, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234.   3. submitted on July 17, 2016, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement