Holly Springs in Marshall County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 1959 by Mississippi Historical Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
Location. 34° 46.107′ N, 89° 26.551′ W. Marker is in Holly Springs, Mississippi, in Marshall County. Marker is at the intersection of East College Avenue and North Walthall Street, on the left when traveling east on East College Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Holly Springs MS 38635, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hill Country Blues (approx. 0.3 miles away); Mississippi Central R.R. Campaign (approx. 0.3 miles away); Airliewood (approx. 0.3 miles away); Holly Springs (approx. 0.3 miles away); Yellow Fever House (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Mississippi Central R.R. Campaign (approx. 0.4 miles away); Sherwood Bonner (McDowell) (approx. half a mile away); Asbury United Methodist Church (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Holly Springs.
Categories. • Politics • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 2, 2015, by Phillip Knecht of Holly Springs, Mississippi. This page has been viewed 225 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 2, 2015, by Phillip Knecht of Holly Springs, Mississippi. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.