Farmington in Oakland County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
City of Farmington
Original Historic District (designated by broken line) Settled 1824
1. First Post Office, 1825 (23925 Farmington Road)
2. Approximate site of first school, 1826
3. Site of first saw mill, 1826
4. Oldest frame house in Farmington, 1824
5. Site of first tavern, 1834
6. Quaker meeting house, 1832 (highly altered)
7. Masonic Temple-Old Town Hall, 1876 (Farmington Road and Grand River Avenue)
8. Quaker Cemetery, 1832
9. Oakwood Cemetery, 1825
10. Site of first Methodist church building (oldest continuing Methodist congregation in Michigan)
11. Original village center, 1824
Erected 1979 by Farmington Historical Commission.
Location. 42° 27.957′ N, 83° 22.744′ W. Marker is in Farmington, Michigan, in Oakland County. Marker is at the intersection of Grand River Avenue and Oakland Street, on the left when traveling west on Grand River Avenue. Touch for map. This marker is in Historic Park. Marker is in this post office area: Farmington MI 48335, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Quaker Meeting (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Farmington Masonic Temple and Farmington Township Hall (about 700 feet away); Farmington's First Post Office (about 700 feet away); Gov. Fred M. Warner (about 700 feet away); Heeney-Sundquist Funeral Home, Inc. (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Village Center (approx. 0.2 miles away); Travel Through Time (approx. ¼ mile away); Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Farmington.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 5, 2015, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 161 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 5, 2015, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.