Fairfield in Freestone County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Manahan House
Started 1855 by Dr. W. D. Strain, who died Feb. 16, 1856. Widow had his funeral held here, completed house and occupied it, later sold to R. M. Edwards. In 1912 it was purchased by Mrs. A. C. Manahan, whose heirs still preserve it.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1972
Erected 1972 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 9892.)
Location. 31° 43.367′ N, 96° 9.559′ W. Marker is in Fairfield, Texas, in Freestone County. Marker is at the intersection of Reunion Street and Keechi Street, on the right when traveling east on Reunion Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fairfield TX 75840, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Fridolin (Fred) Fischer Home (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Freestone County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Val Verde Battery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Captain L.D. Bradley Butler Church Bell (approx. ¼ mile away); Old Freestone Jail (approx. ¼ mile away); Lewis Corner (approx. 8 miles away); Bonner Cemetery (approx. 10.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fairfield.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 5, 2015, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 240 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 5, 2015, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.