Paris, Île-de-France, France
Jardin de l'hôtel Lamoignon
—Mairie de Paris —
This garden is part of Hotel Angoulême, built between 1559 and 1562 by the renowned Renaissance architect Philibert Delorme, for Father François Pisseleu. The hotel was acquired in 1584 by Diane de France, legitimated daughter of King Henry II, Duchess of Angouleme and Etampes, who rebuilt and enlarged it. Her nephew and heir, Charles of Valois, Duke of Angouleme, natural son of Charles IX, continued this work. From 1688 to 1774, the Hotel Angouleme became the property of the Lamoignon family, a long line of parliamentarians, and kept the same name. Bought in 1928 by the City of Paris, it was restored to house the Historical Library of the City of Paris, which opened to the public in 1969.
Location. 48° 51.42′ Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Paris, Île-de-France 75004, France.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Square Jean XXIII (approx. 0.9 kilometers away); The Bells of Notre Dame (approx. one kilometer away); Marcel Rey (approx. one kilometer away); André Perrin (approx. 1.1 kilometers away); A Tous Les Français (approx. 1.1 kilometers away); Tribunal de Commerce (approx. 1.2 kilometers away); La Conciergerie (approx. 1.2 kilometers away); Dante rédige la Divine Comédie (approx. 1.2 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Paris.
Categories. • Horticulture & Forestry •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 5, 2015, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 139 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 5, 2015, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.