Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Meadville in Crawford County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

The Kepler Hotel

 
 
The Kepler Hotel Marker image. Click for full size.
By Forest McDermott, July 4, 2015
1. The Kepler Hotel Marker
Inscription. The landmark Kepler Hotel, built in 1890, enlarged in 1923, served the community for 60 years. The Kepler family had operated hotels since 1812 at Woodcock, Venango, & Titusville before coming to Market Square in 1875. Revitalized 2003 by Meadville Redevelopment Authority as part of Impact Meadville Project.
 
Erected by Crawford County Historical Society – Donated by Meadville Redevelopment Authority.
 
Location. 41° 38.343′ N, 80° 9.206′ W. Marker is in Meadville, Pennsylvania, in Crawford County. Marker is on 886-898 Market Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. At the corner of W. Cherry and Market Streets, north of the Meadville Market House. Marker is in this post office area: Meadville PA 16335, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Meadville Market House (within shouting distance of this marker); Meadville Woolen Mills (within shouting distance of this marker); Roddy Law Office (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Library Hall (about 300 feet away); The Spirella Company (about 300 feet away); Historic District
The Kepler Hotel Marker image. Click for full size.
By Forest McDermott, July 4, 2015
2. The Kepler Hotel Marker
Marker is front of the Kepler Hotel on the left.
(about 400 feet away); First Christian Church (about 600 feet away); Chamber of Commerce (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Meadville.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
The Kepler Hotel image. Click for full size.
By Forest McDermott, July 4, 2015
3. The Kepler Hotel
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 10, 2015, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 180 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 10, 2015, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement