Key West in Monroe County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Navy Club of Key West Monument
by the Navy Club of Key West
to the memory of the
Officers, Sailors & Soldiers
Army, Navy & Marine Corps
who lost their lives in their
Country's service upon this station
from 1861 to 1865.
Erected 1866 by Navy Club of Key West.
Location. 24° 33.507′ N, 81° 48.392′ W. Marker is in Key West, Florida, in Monroe County. Marker is at the intersection of Front Street and Whitehead Street, on the left when traveling south on Front Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 281 Front Street, Key West FL 33040, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Clinton Square (here, next to this marker); Mallory Homesite (a few steps from this marker); Audubon House (within shouting distance of this marker); Naval Station (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Little White House (about 700 feet away); Old City Hall (about 700 feet away); a different marker also named The Little White House (about 700 feet away); Key West Woman's Club (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Key West.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 12, 2015, by Marsha A. Matson of Palmetto Bay, Florida. This page has been viewed 194 times since then and 42 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on July 10, 2015, by Marsha A. Matson of Palmetto Bay, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.