Near Ryland in Madison County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Flint River Primitive Baptist Church
Alabama. Established Oct. 2, 1808, upon the
Doctrine of Salvation by Grace, as attested by
her Articles of Faith.
The first building was erected 1 mi. N.E.
Articles of Faith
1. In only one true and living God, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost.
2. That the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, and the only rule of faith and practice.
3. In the doctrine of election, and that God chose his people in Christ before the foundation of the world.
4. In the doctrine of original sin.
5. In man's impotency to recover himself from the fallen state he is in by nature, by his own free will and ability.
6. That sinners are justified in the sight of God only by the imputed righteousness of Christ.
7. That God's elect shall be called, converted, and regenerated and sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
8. That the saints shall persevere in grace and never fall finally away.
9. That baptism, the Lord's Supper, and washing the saints feet are ordinances of Jesus Christ, and that true believers are the only subjects of these ordinances, and the true mode of baptism is immersion.
10. In the resurrection of the dead and in a general judgment.
11. That the punishment of the wicked and the joys of the
12. That no minister has the right to ordinance administration, only such as are regularly baptized, called and come under the imposition of hands by a Presbytery.
13. That none but regularly baptized members have a right to commune at the Lord's Table.
Any laying claim to this church or her birthright not holding fast this faith and practice, are impostors.
Erected 1955 by Flint River Primitive Baptist Church.
Location. 34° 45.899′ N, 86° 27.385′ W. Marker is near Ryland, Alabama, in Madison County. Marker is on Moontown Road south of Ryland Pike, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 663 Moontown Road, Brownsboro AL 35741, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Flint River Primitive Baptist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Shiloh United Methodist Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); Trail of Tears (approx. 2½ miles away); Spring Migration (approx. 3.3 miles away); Monte Sano Railway (approx. 3.8 miles away); Site of Bell Factory Lowell M. Anderson (approx. 4.4 miles away); Historic Viduta / Hotel Monte Sano (approx. 4½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ryland.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 17, 2011, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. This page has been viewed 771 times since then and 47 times this year. Last updated on July 20, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 17, 2011, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.