Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Keene in Cheshire County, New Hampshire — The American Northeast (New England)
 

Hampshire Pottery

1871 - 1923

 
 
Hampshire Pottery Marker image. Click for full size.
By Kevin Craft, July 17, 2015
1. Hampshire Pottery Marker
Inscription.
About 150 feet north of here stood the famous Hampshire Pottery Works founded by James Scolly Taft for the manufacture of earthenware. In 1878 Majolica ware was a major product, followed in 1883 by the addition of useful and decorative art objects and souvenir pieces. With the introduction in 1904 of the famous "mat glaze", Hampshire Pottery was recognized a leader in its field.
 
Erected by New Hampshire Division of Historical Resources. (Marker Number 086.)
 
Location. 42° 55.14′ N, 72° 16.491′ W. Marker is in Keene, New Hampshire, in Cheshire County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (New Hampshire Route 12) and Manchester Street, on the right when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is located in front of Cheshire Tire Center. Marker is at or near this postal address: 580 Main Street, Keene NH 03431, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The First Meeting House in Upper Ashuelot (approx. mile away); The Old Road to Boston (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Old Fort (approx. half a mile away); Deacon Josiah Fisher (approx. one
Hampshire Pottery Marker image. Click for full size.
By Kevin Craft, July 17, 2015
2. Hampshire Pottery Marker
mile away); Jonathan Myrick Daniels (approx. one mile away); Keene Glass Industry (approx. 1.7 miles away); Pierce Shops (approx. 7.4 miles away); Park Hill Meeting House (approx. 10 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Keene.
 
Categories. Industry & Commerce
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 21, 2015, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. This page has been viewed 185 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 21, 2015, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement