Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Odessa in Ector County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

The Henderson House

915 N. Alleghaney

 
 
The Henderson House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, July 10, 2015
1. The Henderson House Marker
Inscription. Built in 1916 at Grant and Pearl Streets by pioneer drug store owner and postmaster W.T. Henderson, Sr. (1886-1960) and his wife Burmah Adele Lambert (1887-1964). In 1925 the house was moved to this address in the first neighborhood developed north of the original townsite. Constructed of salvaged lumber, the two bedroom frame house exemplifies American Bungalow Style. The solid wood walls, pine floors, nine-foot ceilings and columned porch are typical of the era. A large living room held Burmah's piano where family and friends gathered to dance. Until 1992 four generations of the Henderson family resided here at different times, including W.T., Jr. and his wife Dorothy Louise Hines, avid civic supporters and owners of Odessa Camera Center.
 
Erected 2002 by Heritage of Odessa Foundation. (Marker Number 47.)
 
Location. 31° 50.977′ N, 102° 22.673′ W. Marker is in Odessa, Texas, in Ector County. Marker is on North Alleghaney Avenue south of West 10th Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 915 North Alleghaney Avenue, Odessa TX 79761, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Odessa (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ector County Public Schools
The Henderson House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, July 10, 2015
2. The Henderson House Marker
(approx. 0.2 miles away); The Jackrabbit (approx. 0.2 miles away); World's First Championship Jackrabbit Roping (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Waddell Pecan Tree (approx. half a mile away); Site of The Odessa Sanitarium (approx. 0.6 miles away); Ector County Courthouse (approx. 0.6 miles away); Ector County Land Rush (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Odessa.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
The Henderson House image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, July 10, 2015
3. The Henderson House
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 21, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 226 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 21, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement