Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Tunbridge in Orange County, Vermont — The American Northeast (New England)
 

Tunbridge World's Fair

 
 
Tunbridge World's Fair Marker image. Click for full size.
By Kevin Craft, July 19, 2015
1. Tunbridge World's Fair Marker
Inscription.
This fair, founded in 1867 and held by the Union Agricultural Society on this site since 1875, was named "The World's Fair' by Lt. Governor Burnham Martin. The annual celebration reflects accomplishments of farmers and families by reinforcing their shared traditions and educating others about rural life. Several buildings date from the nineteenth century. The fair has an important display of antiques and old agricultural equipment collected from Central Vermont.
 
Erected 1997 by Vermont Division for Historic Preservation.
 
Location. 43° 53.246′ N, 72° 29.651′ W. Marker is in Tunbridge, Vermont, in Orange County. Marker is at the intersection of Vermont Route 110 and Potash Hill Road, on the right when traveling south on State Route 110. Touch for map. Marker is located adjacent the Town Clerk's Office. Marker is in this post office area: Tunbridge VT 05077, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of 1780 Raid (approx. 2.5 miles away); Wagon Wheels Farm (approx. 3.7 miles away); Jessie LaFountain Bigwood (approx. 4.7 miles away); Joseph Smith Monument
Wideview of Tunbridge World's Fair Marker image. Click for full size.
By Kevin Craft, July 19, 2015
2. Wideview of Tunbridge World's Fair Marker
Fairgrounds are in the field below the marker
(approx. 5.2 miles away); The Royalton Raid (approx. 5.6 miles away); Strafford (approx. 6 miles away); Strafford Village (approx. 6 miles away); Justin Smith Morrill / Morrill Homestead (approx. 6.1 miles away).
 
Categories. Agriculture
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 23, 2015, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. This page has been viewed 186 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 23, 2015, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement