Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Easton in Northampton County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Northampton County’s First Court House

1765-1862

 
 
Northampton County’s First Court House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, July 19, 2015
1. Northampton County’s First Court House Marker
Inscription. Northampton County’s first Courthouse erected on this site in 1765. Torn down May, 1862. First court session held in the building March 6th, 1766; last session October 21st, 1861.
 
Erected 1939 by The Northampton County Historical and Genealogical Society.
 
Location. 40° 41.466′ N, 75° 12.558′ W. Marker is in Easton, Pennsylvania, in Northampton County. Marker is on Center Square. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Easton PA 18042, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Indian Peace Treaties (here, next to this marker); Sullivan’s March (here, next to this marker); Founding of Easton and Northampton County (here, next to this marker); The Declaration of Independence in Easton (within shouting distance of this marker); The Great Square (within shouting distance of this marker); Samuel Phillippe (within shouting distance of this marker); Lafayette College Founding (within shouting distance of this marker); First Reformed Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Easton.
 
Categories. Colonial EraNotable Buildings
 
Northampton County’s First Court House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, July 19, 2015
2. Northampton County’s First Court House Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 26, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 104 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 26, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement