Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Nazareth in Northampton County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Portland Cement

 
 
Portland Cement Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, July 20, 2015
1. Portland Cement Marker
Inscription. This industry was born in the Lehigh Valley. David O. Saylor first made portland cement at Coplay in 1871. Here also was the first use of the rotary kiln process commercially Nov. 8, 1889. This region has continued to lead in the industry
 
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission.
 
Location. 40° 44.05′ N, 75° 20.203′ W. Marker is in Nazareth, Pennsylvania, in Northampton County. Marker is on Bath Pike (PA 248) just east of Christian Springs Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Nazareth PA 18064, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Christian Frederick Martin (approx. 1.5 miles away); Whitefield House (approx. 1.7 miles away); Nazareth (approx. 1.7 miles away); a different marker also named Whitefield House (approx. 1.7 miles away); Moses Tunda Tatamy (approx. 4.1 miles away); George Wolf (approx. 4.3 miles away); Henry's Gun Factory (approx. 4.4 miles away); Sullivan Campaign (approx. 6.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Nazareth.
 
Categories. Industry & Commerce
 
Portland Cement Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, July 20, 2015
2. Portland Cement Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 26, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 169 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 26, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement