Mobile in Mobile County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
U.S. Marine Hospital
In Operation 1842-1952.
Erected 1956 by The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Alabama.
Marker series. This marker is included in the National Society of Colonial Dames of America marker series.
Location. 30° 41.478′ N, 88° 3.277′ W. Marker is in Mobile, Alabama, in Mobile County. Marker is at the intersection of St Anthony Street and North Bayou Street, on the right when traveling west on St Anthony Street. Touch for map. Marker is at top of the entrance staircase. Marker is at or near this postal address: 251 North Bayou Street, Mobile AL 36603, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mobile City Hospital (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Louis Street Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Convent of Mercy (approx. 0.2 miles away); Creole Firehouse #1 (approx. ¼ mile away); Dr. Thomas N. Harris (approx. 0.3 miles away); John L. LeFlore Dr. H. Roger Williams (approx. 0.3 miles away); Bettie Hunter House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mobile.
Also see . . . Wikipedia article on hospital. (Submitted on July 27, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Science & Medicine • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 27, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 237 times since then and 56 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 27, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.