Mobile in Mobile County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
400 Government Street 1860
(Ketchum House - Cathedral Rectory)
of W. H. Ketchum.
Erected 1978 by the Historic Mobile Preservation Society.
Location. 30° 41.323′ N, 88° 2.751′ W. Marker is in Mobile, Alabama, in Mobile County. Marker is at the intersection of Government Street (U.S. 90) and South Franklin Street, on the right when traveling west on Government Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 400 Government Street, Mobile AL 36602, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Portier House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Barton Academy (about 500 feet away); Le Marquis de Lafayette visited Mobile (about 600 feet away); Government Street Presbyterian Church (about 600 feet away); Cathedral-Basilica of the Immaculate Conception / Archdiocese of Mobile The Cathedral-Basilica of the Immaculate Conception (about 600 feet away); Mobile City Limits (about 700 feet away); It Takes a Village (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mobile.
Also see . . . Blog story and photos of Ketchum House. (Submitted on July 28, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Notable Buildings • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for 400 Government Street 1860.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 28, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 344 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 28, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.