Adamsville in Lampasas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Entrance to Site of Townsen's Mill
Post office established 1881 moved in 1891 to Adamsville store of John Adams and The Rev. McCall Smith. Mr. Smith built, and was pastor of, earliest Presbyterian church there.
Erected 1964 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 5540.)
Location. 31° 17.215′ N, 98° 9.29′ W. Marker is in Adamsville, Texas, in Lampasas County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 581 1.4 miles east of American Legion Memorial Highway (U.S. 281), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lampasas TX 76550, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 18 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. United Presbyterian Church of Adamsville (approx. 1.1 miles away); Adamsville (approx. 1.3 miles away); 2.5 Mi. East is Birthplace of Stanley Walker (approx. 4.4 miles away); Indian Culture Sites (was approx. 11.7 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Benjamin F. Gholson (approx. 12.1 miles away); Evant First United Methodist Church of Evant (approx. 13.2 miles away); Purmela Baptist Church (approx. 17.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Adamsville.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 28, 2015, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 224 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 28, 2015, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.