Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
St. James in Saint James Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
 

St. Jacques de Cabahanoce

 
 
St. Jacques de Cabahanoce Marker image. Click for full size.
December 31, 2009
1. St. Jacques de Cabahanoce Marker
Inscription. An organized ecclesiastical parish prior to 1757. The church was then in charge of Fr. Barnabé, a French Capuchin and Pastor of St. Charles (Destrehan), on east bank of river. The registers were kept in French until 1786. The diocese came under Havana, Cuba, in 1771.
 
Erected 1957 by Louisiana Department of Commerce and Industry.
 
Location. 30° 0.974′ N, 90° 50.515′ W. Marker is in St. James, Louisiana, in Saint James Parish. Marker is at the intersection of River Road (State Highway 18) and Department of Energy Road, on the right when traveling south on River Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6613 LA-18, Saint James LA 70086, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of First Acadian Settlers in Louisiana (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Judge Poché Plantation House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Convent (approx. 0.9 miles away); Uncle Sam Plantation (approx. 1½ miles away); The Settlement Of Freetown (approx. 1.9 miles away); Manresa House of Retreats
St. Jacques de Cabahanoce Marker image. Click for full size.
August 19, 2017
2. St. Jacques de Cabahanoce Marker
(approx. 2.1 miles away); Cabahanoce Plantation (approx. 2.4 miles away); Malarcher House (approx. 2½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. James.
 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 
St. Jacques de Cabahanoce Church image. Click for full size.
January 2, 2011
3. St. Jacques de Cabahanoce Church
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 26, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 2, 2015. This page has been viewed 236 times since then and 72 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on August 2, 2015.   2. submitted on August 26, 2017.   3. submitted on August 2, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement