Clay County Historic Landmark
Congregation established in 1853 by Rev. Moses E. Lard as Christian Church. Building constructed 1859. Has served since as worship and social center. Reorganized as Community Church 1930. Building moved and [illegible] by Antioch Church Historical Society in 1968.
Erected 1976 by Clay County Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Missouri, Clay County Historic Landmarks marker series.
Location. 39° 10.865′ N, 94° 32.913′ W. Marker is in Kansas City, Missouri, in Clay County. Marker is at the intersection of NE Antioch Road (Missouri Route 1) and NE 48th Street, on the right when traveling north on NE Antioch Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4805 NE Antioch Road, Kansas City MO 64119, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Antioch Church (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Antioch Church (a few steps from this marker); Replica of the Statue of Liberty (approx. 2.8 miles away); War Memorial (approx. 2.8 miles away); a different marker
Also see . . .
1. History of Antioch Community Church. (Submitted on August 2, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Clay County (MO) Museum & Historical Society. (Submitted on August 2, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 2, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 265 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 2, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.