Congregation formed in 1853 as Antioch Christian Church.
This building erected in 1859. Restored by Antioch Community Church Historical Society, organized December 1964 with Hugh P. Loughrey founding president.
This bell was presented to Antioch Community Church by Arlene Colt in memory of Lillie Smith. It was given to the Colts by Bill Burke, president of the K.C. Southern Railroad.
Erected by Antioch Community Church Historical Society.
Location. 39° 10.869′ N, 94° 32.913′ W. Marker is in Kansas City, Missouri, in Clay County. Marker is at the intersection of NE Antioch Road (Missouri Route 1) and NE 48th Street, on the right when traveling north on NE Antioch Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4805 NE Antioch Road, Kansas City MO 64119, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Antioch Church (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Antioch Church (a few steps from this marker); Replica of the Statue of Liberty (approx. 2.8 miles away);
Also see . . . History of Antioch Community Church. (Submitted on August 2, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 2, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 210 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 2, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.