Yorkshire in Cattaraugus County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Frame House
in town of Yorkshire
Built in 1820 by
Opened as a tavern 1822
Erected 1932 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 42° 31.801′ N, 78° 28.37′ W. Marker is in Yorkshire, New York, in Cattaraugus County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (New York State Route 39) and Old Olean Road (County Route 54), on the left when traveling west on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is on the ground, propped against the east side of the building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3155 Route NY 39, Yorkshire NY 14173, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Upper Cattaraugus Valley (approx. 0.6 miles away); Former Baptist Church (approx. 2.3 miles away); Caboose #303 (approx. 2½ miles away); Box Car #411 (approx. 2½ miles away); Locomotive #110 (approx. 2½ miles away); 1941 1945 In Honor and Memory (approx. 2.6 miles away); Springville and Sardinia Railroad (approx. 2.6 miles away); Salem Welsh Church (approx. 6.6 miles away).
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 2, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 202 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on August 2, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.