Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Ville Platte in Evangeline Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
 

Ville Platte

 
 
Ville Platte Marker image. Click for full size.
May 17, 2005
1. Ville Platte Marker
Inscription. Area first settled in late eighteenth century. Located on Spanish Royal Road. Marcellin Garand, former adjutant major in French army, regarded as founder. Incorporated in 1858. Parish seat of Evangeline Parish.
 
Erected 1980 by Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism.
 
Location. 30° 41.384′ N, 92° 16.653′ W. Marker is in Ville Platte, Louisiana, in Evangeline Parish. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street (U.S. 167) and Court Street, on the right when traveling east on West Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ville Platte LA 70586, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fred's Lounge (approx. 9.4 miles away); Plaisance School (approx. 9.9 miles away); White's Chapel United Methodist Church (approx. 10.9 miles away); Black Academy At Mt. Olive Baptist Church (approx. 15.4 miles away); Lt. Fr. Joseph "Verbis" Lafleur (approx. 15 miles away); St. Landry Catholic Church (approx. 15 miles away); a different marker also named St. Landry Catholic Church (approx. 15.6 miles away); Opelousas Catholic School (approx. 15.6 miles away).
 
Categories. Settlements & Settlers
 
Ville Platte Marker image. Click for full size.
May 17, 2005
2. Ville Platte Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 5, 2015. This page has been viewed 227 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 5, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement