Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Tamaqua in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

The Jno. F. McGinty Brewery

 
 
The Jno. F. McGinty Brewery Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, August 2, 2015
1. The Jno. F. McGinty Brewery Marker
Inscription. This large imposing building was built in 1897 as the Jno. F. McGinty Brewery, famous for their Lager Beer, XXX Porter Brown Stout and wholesale Liquors. It had a capacity of 15,000 barrels per year initially. By 1903 its capacity was increased to 40,000 barrels per year. It was succeeded by the Liberty Brewing Co. for 1909 to 1920. Lehigh Valley Brewing Co. from 1933 to 1934 and finally the Rahn Brewing Co. during its last year of operation in 1934. Tamaqua, Pennsylvania.
 
Erected 2004 by Tamaqua Area Partnership.
 
Location. 40° 47.863′ N, 75° 57.797′ W. Marker is in Tamaqua, Pennsylvania, in Schuylkill County. Marker is on E. Broad Street just west of Patterson Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tamaqua PA 18252, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Little Schuylkill Railroad (approx. 0.3 miles away); Anthracite Bank of Tamaqua (approx. half a mile away); The Murder of Benjamin Yost (approx. mile away); Odd Fellows Cemetery (approx. 0.8 miles away); Mary Harris "Mother" Jones (approx. 3.7 miles away);
The Jno. F. McGinty Brewery image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, August 2, 2015
2. The Jno. F. McGinty Brewery
No. 8 Colliery (approx. 3.7 miles away); Philip Ginder (approx. 4.9 miles away); World War I Memorial (approx. 5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tamaqua.
 
Categories. Industry & Commerce
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 7, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 206 times since then and 67 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 7, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement