Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Plaquemine in Iberville Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
 

Old City Hall

 
 
Old City Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
July 31, 2015
1. Old City Hall Marker
Inscription. Iberville Parish Courthouse, 1848-1906; Plaquemine City Hall, 1906-85. Built by George and Thomas Weldon of Mississippi. One of Louisiana's oldest public buildings. Listed on National Register of Historic Places.
 
Erected by Iberville Parks and Recreation District.
 
Location. 30° 17.501′ N, 91° 14.05′ W. Marker is in Plaquemine, Louisiana, in Iberville Parish. Marker is at the intersection of Church Street and Main Street, on the right when traveling north on Church Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Plaquemine LA 70764, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Gary J. Hebert Memorial Lockhouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Academy of Saint Basil (about 700 feet away); Plaquemine Tribe World War 1 Memorial Tablet (approx. 0.3 miles away); Bayou Plaquemine (approx. 0.3 miles away); Morrisonville (approx. 2.3 miles away); Sardine Point (approx. 2.9 miles away); St. Delphine Plantation (approx. 4.2 miles away); Town Of Addis (approx. 4.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Plaquemine.
 
Categories. Notable BuildingsPolitics
 
Old City Hall image. Click for full size.
July 31, 2015
2. Old City Hall
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 8, 2015. This page has been viewed 171 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 8, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement