Odessa in Ector County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Texas & Paciﬁc Railroad Wells
February 1886, just before Odessa lot sale, a group of townsite promoters came to Well's Point in "An Armada of Prairie Schooners" from Mariensfield (now Stanton). Odessa was born Aug. 4, 1886, on a section owned by T. & P. Railroad.
Erected 1967 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 5750.)
Location. 31° 49.598′ N, 102° 24.227′ W. Marker is in Odessa, Texas, in Ector County. Marker is on Business Interstate 20 0.3 miles east of Texas Highway 302, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3500 W. 2nd St., Odessa TX 79763, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Henderson House (approx. 2.2 miles away); Odessa (approx. 2.3 miles away); The Jackrabbit (approx. 2.4 miles away); Ector County Public Schools World's First Championship Jackrabbit Roping (approx. 2.4 miles away); The Waddell Pecan Tree (approx. 2.4 miles away); Site of The Dawson Saloon (approx. 2.4 miles away); Odessa Land & Townsite Company (approx. 2½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Odessa.
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 8, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 208 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 8, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.