Brusly in West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Historic Lukeville School
Established by Luke Billups in 1887 at Antioch Missionary Baptist Church, Lukeville School has provided elementary education since its founding. In addition to serving the Lukeville community, it also served black students from nearby areas. Building in front was erected in 1950.
(Smaller additional plaque)
Lukeville School Historic Marker
Erected and dedicated under the leadership
of Cynthia W. Thomas, Principal
November 16, 2005
Erected 2005 by Lukeville Upper Elementary School.
Location. 30° 22.931′ N, 91° 14.869′ W. Marker is in Brusly, Louisiana, in West Baton Rouge Parish. Marker is on Vaughn Drrive north of Lukeville Lane (Louisiana Highway 989-1), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6141 Hwy 1 South, Brusly LA 70719, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Antioch Missionary Baptist Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Charles P. Adams (approx. 0.3 miles away); Brusly, Louisiana (approx. 0.3 miles away); St. John the Baptist Catholic Cemetery (approx. 0.7 miles away); Molaisonville / St. James Square (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Back Brusly Oak (approx. 0.9 miles away); Original Brusly High School (approx. 1.1 miles away); Historic Cinclare Plantation (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brusly.
Categories. • African Americans • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 29, 2017. This page originally submitted on August 8, 2015. This page has been viewed 142 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 8, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.