Brockville in Leeds & Grenville Counties, Ontario — Central Canada
Built in 1899 – 1900, this eclectic mansion evokes the opulent lifestyle of Canada's industrial elite at the turn of the century. Designed by American architect A. W. Fuller, it was the spacious residence of Senator George T. Fulford (1852–1905), who made his fortune in patent medicines. The remarkably fine period interior includes most of the original furniture, fixtures, dinnerware, linens, and objets d'art. The grounds, of which significant elements survive, were landscaped by the prestigious Olmsted Brothers' firm.
Erected 1997 by Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada.
Location. 44° 35.851′ N, 75° 40.264′ W. Marker is in Brockville, Ontario, in Leeds & Grenville Counties. Marker can be reached from King Street East (Provincial Highway 2). Touch for map. Marker is located to the right of the main entrance to Fulford Place. Marker is at or near this postal address: 287 King Street East, Brockville, Ontario, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Senator George T. Fulford (a few steps from this marker); George Chaffey (approx. 0.9 kilometers away); The Brockville "Van" or Caboose (approx. 1.2 kilometers away); The Brockville Tunnel (approx. 1.2 kilometers away); Blockhouse Island (approx. 1.3 kilometers away); Ogle Robert Gowan, 1803-1876 (approx. 1.4 kilometers away); Gen. Sir Isaac Brock. K.C.B. (approx. 1.4 kilometers away); Johnstown District Court House and Gaol (approx. 1.4 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brockville.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Also see . . . Wikipedia - Fulford Place. (Submitted on August 11, 2015, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 11, 2015, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. This page has been viewed 179 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 11, 2015, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec.