Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Wexford in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Elias Fry Barn

 
 
Elias Fry Barn Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, August 9, 2015
1. Elias Fry Barn Marker
Inscription. Pennsylvania bank barn named after Philip Elias Fry (1868-1946), a highly skilled carpenter who built many barns in Marshall Township. Donated by Claude and James Herbert and moved to this site in 1992 from Adoph and Bertha's Frye's former farm on Cardinal Drive.
 
Location. 40° 39.529′ N, 80° 7.079′ W. Marker is near Wexford, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker can be reached from Antler Point Drive 0.2 miles south of Knob Road. Touch for map. Located in Knob Hill Community Park in Marshall Township. Marker is in this post office area: Wexford PA 15090, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Crider's Corners (approx. 2.1 miles away); Borough of Bradford Woods (approx. 2.4 miles away); Saint Matthew's Church (approx. 2.8 miles away); Venango Path (approx. 2.9 miles away); Ogle (approx. 3 miles away); Stone Mansion (approx. 3.3 miles away); a different marker also named Stone Mansion (approx. 3.4 miles away); Wallace City (approx. 4.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wexford.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Elias Fry Barn Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, August 9, 2015
2. Elias Fry Barn Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 15, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 301 times since then and 81 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 15, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Paid Advertisement