Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Milton in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Bucknell University

 
 
Bucknell University Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Pfingsten, August 22, 2015
1. Bucknell University Marker
Inscription. Organized in 1846 as the University at Lewisburg by the Baptist Church. Named Bucknell University in 1886, honoring William Bucknell, donor and trustee. Degrees first conferred upon women students in 1885.
 
Erected by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
 
Location. 40° 57.967′ N, 76° 52.539′ W. Marker is in Milton, Pennsylvania, in Northumberland County. Marker is on Pennsylvania Route 405 0.1 miles south of Pennsylvania Route 45, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Milton PA 17847, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lewisburg Cross-Cut Canal (approx. 0.3 miles away); General Tasker H. Bliss (approx. 0.3 miles away); Union County (approx. 0.4 miles away); Ludwig Derr (approx. 0.4 miles away); Catholic Chapel (approx. half a mile away); Underground Railroad (approx. half a mile away); Robert Lowry (approx. 0.6 miles away); Daniel F. Green (approx. 0.8 miles away).
 
Also see . . .  Welcome to Bucknell University. (Submitted on August 24, 2015, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
 
Categories. Education
 
Bucknell University Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Pfingsten, August 22, 2015
2. Bucknell University Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 24, 2015, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 169 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 24, 2015, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.
Paid Advertisement