Throop in Cayuga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Settlers used Owasco River
power to run sawmills &
gristmills as early as 1798.
This site was one of the
three dams built in Throop.
Erected 2011 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation.
Location. 42° 58.369′ N, 76° 36.02′ W. Marker is in Throop, New York, in Cayuga County. Marker is on Turnpike Road (County Route 10B) 0.1 miles west of Lewis Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Auburn NY 13021, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Town of Throop (approx. 0.4 miles away); Home of Gen. John S. Clark (approx. 1.4 miles away); Cold Spring Cemetery (approx. 1.8 miles away); North Street Cemetery (approx. 2.7 miles away); Wasco (approx. 3 miles away); Auburn Prison (approx. 3 miles away); a different marker also named Auburn Prison (approx. 3 miles away); St. Peter's Church (approx. 3.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Throop.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 30, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 174 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 30, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.