Gilbert in Maricopa County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
The pavilion, which operated until the early 1940s, also hosted boxing matches on week nights.
This building was constructed in 1958. It was used for many businesses until 1998 when it was purchased by Mary Ellen Fresquez. It was first opened as Ink It! and was the home of Gallery 225.
Erected 2012 by Gilbert Leadership Class XX 2012. A program of the Gilbert Chamber of Commerce.
Location. 33° 21.278′ N, 111° 47.373′ W. Marker is in Gilbert, Arizona, in Maricopa County. Marker is on North Gilbert Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 225 North Gilbert Road, Gilbert AZ 85234, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Bank of Gilbert (a few steps from this marker); Creed Building (a few steps Liberty Market (within shouting distance of this marker); Tone Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Pump House (within shouting distance of this marker); Clement's Garage (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Gilbert Town Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gilbert Elementary School (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gilbert.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 2, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 188 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 2, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.