Knox in Albany County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
West to Schoharie Valley
As Early as 1767, The
Town of Knox Began
To Grow Around This Path.
Erected 2015 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 227.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the William G. Pomeroy Foundation marker series.
Location. 42° 40.078′ N, 74° 8.133′ W. Marker is in Knox, New York, in Albany County. Marker is on Knox-Gallupville Road (County Route 255), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Knox NY 12107, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sand Farm (approx. half a mile away); Pillbox Factory (approx. ¾ mile away); Knoxville Academy (approx. ¾ mile away); Town of Knox (approx. 0.9 miles away); Dutch Barn (approx. 2.3 miles away); Pioneer (approx. 2.3 miles away); Knieskem Farm (approx. 2.3 miles away); Cheese Factory (approx. 2.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Knox.
Also see . . . Links: Knox Historical Society - Historic Roadside Markers. During the summer of 2015 the Knox (Submitted on September 3, 2015, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Additional keywords. Daniel A. Driscoll Daniel Driscoll Dan Driscoll
Categories. • Colonial Era • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 29, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2015, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 268 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 3, 2015, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.