Fort Worth in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Designed by firm of Sanguinet and Staats, distinguished Fort Worth architects. Of reinforced concrete over steel frame, this Renaissance Revival structure was inspired by the wedge-shaped Flatiron Building in New York.
Erected 1970 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1910.)
Location. 32° 45.056′ N, 97° 19.796′ W. Marker is in Fort Worth, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker is at the intersection of West 9th Street and Houston Street (Business U.S. 287), on the right when traveling east on West 9th Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1000 Houston St, Fort Worth TX 76102, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Worth Library (within shouting distance of this marker); General William Jenkins Worth (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Atelier Building (about JFK (about 400 feet away); John Peter Smith (about 500 feet away); Cynthia Ann Parker and Native Americans of North Texas (about 500 feet away); St. Patrick's Cathedral (about 600 feet away); Flying Machines (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Worth.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 15, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2015, by Renee' Lasswell of Austin, Texas. This page has been viewed 252 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 3, 2015, by Renee' Lasswell of Austin, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.