Fort Worth in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Fort Worth Library
First librarian, Mrs. Charles Schevber, was active in parks movement and local art circles. She was Vice President, 1911-1917, American Federation of Art.
The old library was razed in 1938. This building in Modern Classic style is four times as large as the original library.
Erected 1967 by State Historical Survey Committee.
Location. 32° 45.06′ N, 97° 19.811′ W. Marker is in Fort Worth, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker is at the intersection of West 9th Street and Houston Street (Business U.S. 287), on the right when traveling west on West 9th Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Worth TX 76102, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Flatiron Building (within shouting distance of this marker); General William Jenkins Worth (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); JFK (about John Peter Smith (about 500 feet away); Cynthia Ann Parker and Native Americans of North Texas (about 500 feet away); Flying Machines (about 600 feet away); St. Patrick's Cathedral (about 600 feet away); Amon G. Carter (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Worth.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 15, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2015, by Renee' Lasswell of Austin, Texas. This page has been viewed 214 times since then and 63 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 3, 2015, by Renee' Lasswell of Austin, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.