Baton Rouge in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Former Governor's Mansion
It was the official residence of successive Louisiana governors until Governor Jimmie H. Davis moved into the new mansion near the Capitol in 1962.
From 1887 to 1929, governors had occupied an earlier residence on this site.
Erected by City of Baton Rouge.
Location. 30° 26.817′ N, 91° 11.118′ W. Marker is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in East Baton Rouge Parish. Marker is on North Boulevard east of St Charles Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 502 North Blvd, Baton Rouge LA 70802, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Beauregard Town (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Post Office (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. James Episcopal Church (about 700 feet away); Alvin Batiste (about 700 feet away); Oliver Pollock (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mestrovic Court (approx. 0.2 miles away); Original Site of the First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Early Gunsmith Shop (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Baton Rouge.
Also see . . . The Old Governor's Mansion. (Submitted on September 7, 2015.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 6, 2015. This page has been viewed 200 times since then and 14 times this year. Last updated on September 7, 2015. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 6, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.