400 Cedar St.
Historic Building circa 1860
This was the original site of the stone mill owned by F.H. Marshal and Son. Here they operated a corn mill, saw mill, a turning lathe and repair shop. In 1898, the top was removed so the red brick Kellogg Opera House could be built on the two-foot stone foundation. The Methodist Church purchased it and held services here from 1917-67. The building then became the Hope Baptist Church, with this congregation still occupying it in 1992.
Erected 1992 by Pleasant Hill Downtown Association.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Missouri, Pleasant Hill Downtown Association marker series.
Location. 38° 47.184′ N, 94° 16.31′ W. Marker is in Pleasant Hill, Missouri, in Cass County. Marker is at the intersection of Cedar Street and Taylor Street, on the right when traveling east on Cedar Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 400 Cedar Street, Pleasant Hill MO 64080, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 100 Veterans Parkway (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); 110 South Lake Street (about 400 feet away); Pleasant Hill, Missouri (about 500 feet away); Memorial Building
Also see . . . Historic Pleasant Hill MO. (Submitted on September 7, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 7, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 169 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 7, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.