Missouri Paciﬁc Railroad Depot
Historic Building circa 1903
The first depot was of wood frame and built on this site in 1866. It burned in 1901. In 1903 this building was built for the Missouri Pacific R.R. and called the "finest in the state." In 1915 the Wells Fargo office here was robbed. The night man was shot in the arm. 3 weeks later, in the waiting room a gun battle broke out killing a police officer and one bandit. The other robber was severely wounded and later hanged by a mob. In 1988, the Union Pacific R.R. gave the depot to the city. The Community Betterment [Association] took a lease in 1991 to develop a museum and small business.
Erected 1992 by Pleasant Hill Downtown Association.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Missouri, Pleasant Hill Downtown Association marker series.
Location. 38° 47.141′ N, 94° 16.449′ W. Marker is in Pleasant Hill, Missouri, in Cass County. Marker is on Boardman Street south of Paul Street / Wyoming Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 Wyoming Street, Pleasant Hill MO 64080, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Col. Hiram Bledsoe (a few steps from this marker); The Civil War in Pleasant Hill
Also see . . .
1. Historic Pleasant Hill MO. (Submitted on September 8, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Pleasant Hill Downtown Historic District, NRHP. (Submitted on September 8, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 8, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 194 times since then and 53 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 8, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.