Port Allen in West Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Port Allen Prisoner-Of-War Sub-Camp No. 7
This fountain is the only remaining structure of the World War II prisoner-of-war Sub-Camp No. 7. Sub-Camp No. 7 was a satellite camp of the larger Camp Plauche located downriver in Harahan. In operation from 1943-1946, it housed 500 to 774 German prisoners-of-war captured in North Africa and throughout Europe. The camp grounds were bounded on the north by Louisiana Avenue, south by Michigan Avenue, west by 8th Street and east
Erected 2011 by West Baton Rouge Historical Association.
Location. 30° 27.613′ N, 91° 12.439′ W. Marker is in Port Allen, Louisiana, in West Baton Rouge Parish. Marker is on 6th Street south Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Port Allen LA 70767, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Third Parish Courthouse (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Gear from Cinclare Mill (about 400 feet away); West Baton Rouge Parish Bicentennial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mississippi River Old Ferry Landing (approx. 0.6 miles away); Louisiana Purchase - West Baton Rouge Early History (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Mississippi River (approx. 1.1 miles away); First Air Mail Flight (approx. 1.1 miles away); Fort San Carlos (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Allen.
Categories. • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 20, 2015. This page has been viewed 180 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 20, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.