Clarksville in Montgomery County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Valentine Sevier, Memorial
settlers of this community, on July 11, 1792
purchased from George Cook, for the sum of
100 pounds, 640 acres, lying between this
point and Cumberland and Red Rivers,
known as Red Paint Hill, hunting ground
of the Cherokee Indians, it became
the site of Sevier Station.
Erected 1936 by the Captain Wm. Edmiston Chapter D.A.R.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 36° 32.613′ N, 87° 22.458′ W. Marker is in Clarksville, Tennessee, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Walker Street 0.1 miles south of Providence Boulevard (Alternate U.S. 41), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 305 Walker Street, Clarksville TN 37042, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sevier Station (here, next to this marker); Valentine Sevier Station (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fort Defiance (about 700 feet away); Fort Defiance Interpretive Center (approx. Building Fort Sevier (Defiance) (approx. 0.2 miles away); Forts Versus Ironclads (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bringing the War to Clarksville (approx. 0.2 miles away); Life as a Garrisoned Union Soldier (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clarksville.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Also see . . . Wikipedia article on Valentine Sevier. (Submitted on September 26, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 26, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 190 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on September 26, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.