Baton Rouge in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
The Louisiana State University
The historic campus is an outstanding work of early twentieth century architecture. Most of the original complex was designed by nationally prominent architect Theodore G. Link (1850-1923). The Mediterranean tone is reflected in much of the subsequent campus construction.
In recognition of its place in the history of American architecture, Louisiana State University was entered into the National Register of Historic Places, Department of Interior, as an historic district on September 15, 1988.
Erected 1990 by Foundation for Historical Louisiana.
Location. 30° 24.869′ N, 91° 10.728′ W. Marker is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in East Baton Rouge Parish. Marker can be reached from Tower Drive south of Dalrymple Drive, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Located on the right side of front entrance to the LSU Memorial Bell Tower. Marker is in this post office area: Baton Rouge LA 70803, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Campanile (here, next to this marker); Louisiana State Seminary of Learning Foundation Stone (within shouting distance of this marker); Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College (within shouting distance of this marker); Land Grant College / Sea Grant College (within shouting distance of this marker); Troy H. Middleton (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); LSU Campus Mounds (approx. 0.2 miles away); Steve Van Buren (approx. 0.3 miles away); Jim Taylor (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Baton Rouge.
Also see . . . Louisiana State University. (Submitted on October 7, 2015.)
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 6, 2015. This page has been viewed 174 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 6, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.