Midway in Bullock County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Drill Ground of the Midway Guards 1860, later Company B 15th Alabama C.S.A. ordered to Richmond. Second Company 1861 assigned to Company C 45th Alabama C.S.A. ordered to Army of Tennessee. These and many later volunteers met the enemy in innumerable battles, and skirmishes.
"They immortalized General Lee and Lee immortalized them."
Erected 1960 by the Midway Guards Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy .
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 32° 4.723′ N, 85° 31.167′ W. Marker is in Midway, Alabama, in Bullock County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Broadway Street (U.S. 82) and Main Street, on the right when traveling west on Old Broadway Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Old Broadway Street, Midway AL 36053, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Midway Baptist Church (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Jefferson Davis Highway (about 700 feet away); St. James C.M.E. Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Town of Midway First Baptist Missionary Church 1875 (approx. 0.6 miles away); Old Merritt School Midway Community Center (approx. 0.6 miles away); Three Notch Road (approx. 4 miles away); Election Riot of 1874 (approx. 8.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Midway.
Categories. • Notable Places • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 14, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 473 times since then and 70 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 14, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.