Green River in Sweetwater County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
Green River City Hall - 1942-1954
This building is a small, one-room, tongue-and-groove, wooden structure with a sliding side window which overlooked a scale for weighing and checking loads of coal, etc.
The property on which this building was located was sold to the Fraternal Order of Eagles in 1954, at which time the town offices were moved to their newly-built offices at 89 West First North Street (later known as Flaming Gorge Way).
In 1954, the old city hall building was removed from the 52 North Second East location and stored by the town west of Evers Park.
In 1955, the Green River Historic Preservation Commission, in cooperation with the City Parks Division, moved the building and restored it at its present site.
Erected by Green River Historic Preservation Commission and City of Green River.
Location. 41° 31.407′ N, 109° 28.196′ W. Marker is in Green River, Wyoming, in Sweetwater County. Marker is on South 2nd East Street near East 4th South Street, on the right when traveling Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 398 South 2nd East Street, Green River WY 82935, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Riverside Swimming Pool (here, next to this marker); Norm Nevills & A.K. Reynolds - 1940's (within shouting distance of this marker); The French Trio - 1938 (within shouting distance of this marker); Buzz Holstrom (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Major Wesley Powell and Party (about 300 feet away); The Damsite Surveys (about 400 feet away); Kolb Brothers (about 400 feet away); William Ashley - 1825 (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Green River.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 4, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 138 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 4, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.