Oscalui was succeeded by Newtychanning consisting of twenty eight log houses burned by General Sullivan August 9th 1779, in his campaign against the Iroquois. Here was the last Indian attempt at occupation along the Susquehanna in Bradford County.
Oscalui was visited by Conrad Weiser as early as 1725.
Erected 1931 by George Clymer Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, Eugenia Macfarlane Balch Fund.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 47.659′ N, 76° 27.941′ W. Marker is in Towanda, Pennsylvania, in Bradford County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Mills Road and McEwen Road on Old Mills Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Towanda PA 18848, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sheshequin Path (approx. 1.7 miles away); Maxwell-Bennett House
Categories. • Native Americans • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 5, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 213 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 5, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.