Large Plaque Left side
New Mexico Mill, built by William Thomson, 1819, S. Vines Mason
Slate Cornerstones donated to the Town of Mexico by Dr. and Mrs. John M. Hetrick, Jr., Malinda J. Hetrick, John M. Hetrick, III
Large Plaque Right side
Location. 40° 32.192′ N, 77° 21.147′ W. Marker is in Mexico, Pennsylvania, in Juniata County. Marker is at the intersection of William Penn Highway (PA3002) and Front Street on William Penn Highway (PA3002). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mexico PA 17056, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First White Settlement in the Juniata Valley (a few steps from this marker); Patterson's Fort (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fort Bigham (approx. one mile away); Juniata County (approx. 3.3 miles away); Juniata County War Memorial (approx. 3.3 miles away); John Harris (approx. 3.3 miles away); Civil War Memorial (approx. 3.3 miles away); Westminster Presbyterian Cemetery World War Memorial Avenue of Trees (approx. 3.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mexico.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 19, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 166 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 19, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.