Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Dover in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

St. Johnís Church

1871

 
 
St. Johnís Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, November 27, 2015
1. St. Johnís Church Marker
Inscription. Oldest standing church in Dover. Built by architect Richard Upjohn. Congregation organized 1849. Originally met in nearby Stone Academy. Church served as hospital during 1918 influenza epidemic.
 
Erected by Morris County Heritage Commission.
 
Location. 40° 53.052′ N, 74° 33.365′ W. Marker is in Dover, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is at the intersection of East Blackwell Street (NJ 513) and Essex Street on East Blackwell Street (NJ 513). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dover NJ 07801, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Stone Academy (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Victory Gardens Borough (approx. one mile away); Saint Maryís Church (approx. 1.2 miles away); Quaker Meeting House (approx. 1.4 miles away); Mott Hollow (approx. 1.7 miles away); Port Oram Community (approx. 1.8 miles away); Morris Canal (approx. 1.8 miles away); Second Union School (approx. 2.1 miles away).
 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 
St. Johnís Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, November 27, 2015
2. St. Johnís Church Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 2, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 167 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 2, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement