Tulia in Swisher County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
August 21, 1876
July 17, 1890
Named in honor of
James Gibson Swisher
Conspicuous for gallantry
at the storming of Bexar, 1835
Signer of the Texas
Declaration of Independence, 1836
County Seat, Tulia
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 5169.)
Location. 34° 32.169′ N, 101° 45.795′ W. Marker is in Tulia, Texas, in Swisher County. Marker is at the intersection of SE 2nd Street and South Austin Avenue, on the right when traveling west on SE 2nd Street. Touch for map. Marker is on the northwest corner. Marker is in this post office area: Tulia TX 79088, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Swisher County (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Flynt Building (about 400 feet away); Ozark Trails Association (about 400 feet away); JA Ranch Cabin (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Methodist Church of Tulia (approx. ¼ mile away); Quanah Parker Trail Quanah Parker Trail (approx. 0.8 miles away); Tulia Depot (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tulia.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 2, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 205 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 2, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.