Plainview in Hale County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Texas Land & Development Company
Former Oﬃce Site of
Winfield Holbrook was the vice president and general manager; W.J. Klinger, secretary-treasurer; D.D. Bowman and W.F. Lowe, farm superintendents. Mary L. Cox, of the staff, wrote local history.
Erected 1973 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1949.)
Location. 34° 11.227′ N, 101° 42.176′ W. Marker is in Plainview, Texas, in Hale County. Marker is at the intersection of Broadway Street and 7th Street, on the right when traveling north on Broadway Street. Touch for map. Marker is on the northeast corner. Marker is in this post office area: Plainview TX 79072, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Schick Opera House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Baptist Church of Plainview (about 600 feet away); Plainview Daily Herald (about Colonel C. C. Slaughter (approx. 0.2 miles away); General Ranald Slidell MacKenzie (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lamar School (approx. 0.3 miles away); Blasingame Home (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Santa Fe Railroad in Plainview (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Plainview.
Categories. • Agriculture •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 4, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 154 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 4, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.