Plainview in Hale County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Young and Bexar territories
August 21, 1876
August 13, 1888
Named in Honor of
John C. Hale
a lieutenant who fell
at San Jacinto
Plainview, County Seat
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 2331.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 34° 9.68′ N, 101° 42.592′ W. Marker is in Plainview, Texas, in Hale County. Marker is at the intersection of SW 20th Street and Business U.S. 87, on the right when traveling east on SW 20th Street. Touch for map. Marker is on U.S. 87 Business Route at city limits in roadside park. Marker is in this post office area: Plainview TX 79072, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Emma Grigsby Meharg (approx. 1.1 miles away); Rawleigh Porteus Smyth (approx. 1.1 miles away); W. J. "Jeff" Williams (approx. 1.1 miles away); Edwin Lowden Lowe (approx. 1.1 miles away); Plainview Cemetery and Memorial Park The Hackberry Groves (approx. 1.4 miles away); Discovery Site of the Plainview Point (approx. 1.6 miles away); General Ranald Slidell MacKenzie (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Plainview.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 7, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 236 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 7, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.