Canyon in Randall County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of Wagon Yard
Overnight charges: 10 ¢ a horse; 50 ¢ a man. Feed and coal were sold, water was free. Hands were hired, horses doctored here. Yard existed about 1890 to 1921.
Erected 1966 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 4910.)
Location. 34° 58.721′ N, 101° 55.555′ W. Marker is in Canyon, Texas, in Randall County. Marker is on 5th Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1702 5th Avenue, Canyon TX 79015, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Baptist Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Methodist Church (about 600 feet away); The Little House of Fellowship (about 600 feet away); Randall County Courthouse (about 700 feet away); Canyon Fire Department (about 700 feet away); Randall County (about 800 feet away); Clyde & Grace Warwick (approx. 0.2 miles away); "The Canyon News" (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canyon.
Categories. • Agriculture • Animals •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 9, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 215 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 9, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.