Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Canyon in Randall County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

The Little House of Fellowship

 
 
The Little House of Fellowship Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, November 18, 2015
1. The Little House of Fellowship Marker
Inscription. Canyon city Episcopalians began holding worship services in 1910. By 1928, plans were drawn for construction of a student center to meet the needs of a growing church congregation and student population at West Texas Normal College. Opened the next year adjacent to the church's chapel, The Little House of Fellowship became a social and religious center for students. After the congregation moved closer to campus in 1964, the side-gabled, running bond brick little house became available for commercial use. Its main facade features a potted chimney, a central door flanked by windows with stone springers on semicircular arches, and two other pairs of semicircular arched windows.

Recorded Texas Historical Landmark – 2010
Marker is property of the State of Texas

 
Erected 2010 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 16500.)
 
Location. 34° 58.818′ N, 101° 55.584′ W. Marker is in Canyon, Texas, in Randall County. Marker is on 17th Street north of 4th Avenue, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 308 17th Street, Canyon TX 79015, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker
The Little House of Fellowship Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, November 18, 2015
2. The Little House of Fellowship Marker
. Canyon Fire Department (within shouting distance of this marker); City of Canyon (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Baptist Church (about 400 feet away); Randall County Courthouse (about 600 feet away); Randall County (about 600 feet away); Site of Wagon Yard (about 600 feet away); First Methodist Church (about 700 feet away); Randall County World War I Memorial (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canyon.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
The Little House of Fellowship image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, November 18, 2015
3. The Little House of Fellowship
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 9, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 139 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on December 9, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.
Paid Advertisement